Thursday, August 16, 2012

Three days of school under the belt ...

I thought (I really did!) that when I have six kiddos going to school, I'll just whip this house into shape in a few days (well, at least make a dent in the work there is to be done, within the first few days!) Oh boy - was I wrong?!!! Morning is busy!! I think of it as the mad-morning-rush, getting kids up and out the door on schedule (each day of the week there are different kids with school time starting at 8:00, 8:45, and 10:00- then I have two or else three hours before the first one/ones are done school, and they are done at 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, or 14:45. By the time the last one is gone, it seems I'd be able to attack the housework (with Mr. C happily playing something, enjoying the quietness with only two of us home!) But I'm already feeling like I've put in a half day's work by then, and Mr. C is not used to not having playmates. So - he's wanting my attention quite alot. Of course! That's not bad, really. I know I have time to catch up on the housework. The first week is always a little extra exciting, and once we're into a school routine (especially in the mornings) I will also be into a better routine.

Maybe I should make myself a work chart. ????? Something to think about!

Oh, actually I have two weeks to 'catch up' on housework. Then I'll be going to work with my hubby for two weeks! He's doing a job where he needs a helper (someone to spot some part of the job, making sure a fire doesn't start - but of course I'll do whatever I can to be of assistance!) So sweet Mrs. B (niece) will be coming to stay with the kids during the day. Oh, I hope she will survive the craziness! I already know, I'll have the fridge door covered with charts and instructions. I think it'll go smoothly for her. Might be kinda fun for me to do something different for a couple weeks! Mrs. B will then appreciate her ho-hum life. And I'll likely be ready to be 'just a mom' again, after the two weeks of work! :)

Gotta get to bed- first up-n-at-em time tomorrow morning is Mr. N- he is now in ... hmmm ... I suppose it's kinda like Jr. High in America. He bikes or takes the city bus over 5 km to school. He's excited about this- giving  him a little more 'growing up' feel, rather than going to the smaller local school! By 7:40 I should have five of the kids off to school- and one leaves 1/2 hour later.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get lots of housework done!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment