Sunday, August 5, 2012

Flowers

There seems to be a common thought here in Finland, that everything in America is bigger. I have found that that's not necessarily true. See the stem in Mr D's left hand? That's a dandelion stem! I haven't dandelion's grow so tall in America. (I say mosquito's are bigger here, too!)
 I've been just delighted over the summer to see how many perennial's are growing in our yard! Here's a peony (I believe?!) Anyway, big flowers with a delightful scent!
 There have been roses blooming for a long time now. White, pink, and red. As one set dies off, another rose bush blooms. It's been really fun! 
There have also been a variety of other flowers growing around the yard- many of them looking like some 'wild' flower. Whatever they are, they're pretty in a bouquet in the kitchen!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is some dandelion stem! And I bet it's even longer than we know, because I bet you Mr. D, are taller than you were the last time we saw you.

    You know, I don't think I've seen a Rose bush with Roses that beautiful, ever since all those years ago we had a Rose bush on the farm. Do you remember Joni? It had beautiful dark red/pink Roses on it, but got buried under the 'new' house. We also did have a lot of Wild Roses too. But these are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this boy has stretched! I'm sure this past spring he was having 'growing pains' - haven't noticed with the others really, but often he complained that he had pains, especially in his legs!

    I do remember the rose bush! I've seen lots of the Wild Roses here, and they always, always remind me of home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers look so fresh. It'd be so much fun to have wild flowers! We have some lilies and irises that bloomed for about a week then died off in the heat....

    ReplyDelete