We made the big move almost 2 weeks ago. Whew! It's lots of work to move. Yes, a person learns a few things after having made many moves, but it's always lots of work. But - it has been a very positive move. We don't know people from the local congregation (yet), but we're loving having our own house again. The kids are having fun in the yard every day. The new school is (in our opinion) much better for us than the last one. The three who are in the local school all like it much better than the last. N and T are homeschooling for the remainder of this school year, so that certainly adds to the confusion and commotion at home, but on the other hand it's nice to see that this is obviously what is best for them for now. L is also home (didn't go to the kindergarten here - he'll start in first grade in 'regular' school in August.)
One big difference, after fighting tooth-and-nail with the principal at the old school (with homeschooling) - it was soooo nice when this principal gave his opinions as to why going to school might be better for the boys, but said as their parents, we are the ones who can best make the decision as to what is best for them, and that was that. When I realized N was not given books from the old school, I called and asked if I can get the math workbook, and he right away said yes, he'll send one home with Miss M that day. And he did. :)
Stomach-bug is working its way thru the household. It's not too terrible, because it doesn't last long. But- thinking of stomach issues, D has had a stomach ache every evening for over a month. Always comes out of bed to say his stomach hurts. I first assumed it's anxiety, but it doesn't get better, and is actually worse lately. So we'll go see the doctor today and see what they think.
Let's see when I get chance to post pictures of the new home. I should keep updates here on the progress of remodeling and addition, over the course of time. So ... right away had to get new dishwasher and stove (the chief of the house decided he wants the metal look, so that's what we have ... !!) And he's working on the main floor bathroom (it was already started -all pipes installed, wiring done, etc.) So - so far the toilet is installed. Yay! We're now a two-toilet home! :)
Parting note ... Mr. C informed me yesterday that 'Everyone and everything has a tailbone. Even the kidnappers do. They don't know they have them, but they really do'!! So there, you have it! :)
Now I'm leaving to pick up the sweet niece who lives 30 km or so from here - she'll come spend the day with us!
I can't wait to see pictures of your new house!
ReplyDeleteFun to hear you're settling in. I hope you post pictures. I'd love to see...and to watch the progress.
ReplyDeleteOh, how exciting on every note of that post! The new school being SO much better, the fact that they are willing to work with you on the homeschooling bit...you have your own place!!!!! New stove and dishwasher ( and stainless steel? Drool) so fast...we just think about replacing very broken down appliances at least two years before we replace them. Sigh. Fun post, keep us updated!
ReplyDelete