Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We made an offer on a house!

Yup - we made the move. Well, not physically made the move yet, but if they accept our offer, we will be moving in a month-and-a-half! The seller has until tomorrow afternoon to let us know if they accept the offer or not. I think they will, because we had already made an unofficial offer for a bit lower, and they counter-offered (unofficially) for the price we now made the formal offer for. Tho' it's not what we expected we would do - buy a house in Finland - it will be pretty exciting for us to have our own place here! We have not even entertained the idea of selling our house in Mn at this time - we'd still love to be able to move back there some day. Let's see what happens - perhaps after we live in this house (assuming we do buy it) for the two years (necessary for tax-purposes), we will decide to sell if we could make some money off of it, and move back. Let's see. Or we may feel at that point that the kids are too settled in, and we won't want to uproot them at that point. Let's see!!

So - the girls and I will be in Mn in less than 3 weeks!! Yahoo!! And tho' I know the time will go way too fast - I will likely have the move, into our own house (after renting for 2 1/2 years) to look forward to, when we come back. I do feel like the ultimate decisions are made with God leading us in the direction He sees best for us. Sometimes we don't really understand 'why', but hopefully we can be content with whatever is meant for us!

Yes - in 2 1/2 weeks we leave to Mn! I can't waaaiiit! T'will be just so great to connect with everyone there, even if it's for a short time. And to be able to be at Miss Bri's and Mr. Mat's wedding - will be very special!

I was going to put a picture on here, too, but am on the wrong computer ... maybe next time!

2 comments:

  1. Exciting! Hopefully they accept your offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Yes, I have talked with you about this, but still - wow. That will be so nice to have your own home there. It has to be incredibly hard to be where you've been for these years you've been there. Is it the house we talked about on the phone?

    Yes, it is hard to understand sometimes the path we're on and why things happen as they do. I'm working on a blog post about 'this path'. Who knows if it'll be published, as they don't all get published, but... Sometimes maybe we never understand they whys, but I do believe there is a reason for things as they are.

    I know that everything will work out as it should for your family there, and can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete