Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Life's going by like a blur!

Whew! It's been a long time since I posted anything - once again! At least 3 months, I think, because I don't think I have talked at all about Miss B coming to spend a few months with us. Well, she came - and went back home already! Three months went by fast, and it was action-packed. For her even more-so than for us!

I will highlight a few things from the time she was here:
*Lots of skiing. B probably went 4 or 5 times; our older boys maybe a few more times than that.
*Some skating.
*HopLop once.
*A made a trip to America, with N and D in tow- as well as a Finnish buddy and his son. They were in Mn for a few days, and then drove to Az for about 5 days - total trip time 9 or 10 days.
*From that trip, A was able to determine that the economy there is not yet improving. We won't be heading back there any time soon. So ... we start to consider how we should spend the next few years, while we wait for the economy to improve so we can move back. Let's see which way our path, pre-paved by God, leads us.
*C potty trained! Yipee!!
*Miss B got swept off her feet by a gem of a young man - and now hopes she will be able to get paperwork to come back here in the fall, and live longer than 3 months! She had a great time here (not because of us, but because she acquired a whole bunch of really good friends here!)
*A has had lots of work. We are thankful.
*Spring is trying to spring! The kids are loving playing out many hours/day - I love this time of year! (Well, except for the mud and dirt that comes in, by the truckload, it seems!)
*Homeschooling is going alright. We've slacked off somewhat, but partly because I have learned which areas which child should be concentrating in, so try hit those harder, and lots of their other lessons are just lessons learned thru reading, experimenting, etc.

Oh, that must be enough for one 'quick' catchup post, hey?!

Wonder if I'd figure how to post a pic or two on here? Let's see ... !

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so fun to catch up with you a little on here! I was pleasantly surprised to see not one, but two new posts since I've last read your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete