I had a couple kids with me for a quick grocery store run the other day. L is 5 - he was eating m&m's on the way home (was chilly in the van) and suddenly he says 'oh-oh! hat!' then whips his hat off, grins at me and continues eating! So, obviously I wouldn't have asked him to take off his winter cap in the chilly van to eat candy, but it was fun to see that something has sunk in to at least someone's head as far as manners go! :-)
We were taking the Christmas tree down the other day and I overheard this: K (6) says to younger brothers, 'Yay! Winter's done!' L (5) then gets excited, 'Yes! It's summer!' She then corrects him, 'No, it's spring first. Then summer.' So ... I guess when Christmas is over, it's spring! I wish they were right!
Christmas was nice. We were home as usual, and somehow after the rush of getting ready, I just relaxed and did next to nothing once we settled into Christmas Eve evening - and for all of Christmas Day and the following day. It felt good then to get some work done (cleaning, laundry) come the next day which was Monday. But I sure enjoyed taking a couple days and just enjoying the family, some naps, goodies, lots of yummy chocolate ... !!
Whoa!!! How did I miss that last post? Well, I got to read it now! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a nice relaxing Christmas! How are you all enjoying the Wii? We have talked about getting one the last two Christmases but haven't yet.
We have something for K for Christmas...now let's see how long it takes for us to get it in the mail! :)
News on the homeschool front but I'll have to see if I can get some pics and post on my blog. Just a new set up that seems to be working very well but only one week into it so we'll see how long the success lasts! :)
We'll have to connect on Skype this week if possible...then could just use the webcam for updating you.
K, gotta go to bed. WAY too late for me..gotta get up in about 4 hrs!