I overheard C talking from behind me, as we were driving to the library yesterday. 'I wonder if God formed Ukki's new body yet. I don't know ... I think He probably has.' :)
And today: 'Mom, I know why God makes people.' Me, 'Do you? Why?' C, 'So they can live in heaven when they die.'
He's a thinker! A couple of our other kids have also gone through a phase where they really think lots about God, heaven, dying, etc. I remember Miss M going through a phase where she very often commented how she just can't wait until she dies so she can fly! The first times she talked like that, I got a little nervous, wondering if this is a premonition of what's to come. But she has long since passed that phase, and she's still with us! :)
Our oldest was ... maybe 4 y.o. (not older) when he was pondering deeply, and then asked, 'If God made everything good, then who made bad music?'
We had a story on cd around that same time-frame (N a 4 y.o. and T 3 y.o.) - and there was first the 'theme song' which was pretty bouncy. T was horrified that we had that 'bad music' and eventually said, 'Let's just throw that cd in the garbage.' N rather liked the cd, so he said, 'Maybe we should just put it in the back of the closet, and if God decides some day that that music is okay, we can take the cd out again and listen to it!' :)
Those are a few ... I should try think of some more from the older (and middle) kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment