Yesterday evening the kids raced outside to get a good view of a rainbow. Mr. C (5 y.o.) came in shortly and reported to me that God really did promise to never flood the earth again. He really saw that promise in the sky, because that is why God puts a rainbow there! He was so serious as he told me.
Oh, I wish I was not sooooo slow and lazy to get pictures on the computer so I could get some on here. We've just loved watching all the things in the yard come to life this spring/summer. Lots of perennials, a couple apple trees (I just noticed that there are bugs on the leaves - I'm assuming we'll not get apples this year.) Lilacs, roses, and lots of other flowers. A drained the pond, since when he was trying to filter it, the water level was constantly decreasing. We'll have to fix it somehow, and refill it at some later date (next year?) But there's potential for a huge swimming hole, if we use most of the pit for it. Let's see ... :)
We've been loving watching our garden come to life. Some of the plants that were planted inside in the early spring, and then transplanted into the garden, have been re-transplanted into the greenhouse. We had such a cool spell, nothing was flourishing outside, and some things started to die off. So now there are pumpkins interspersed with the cucumbers (which can grow up a vine or support, I believe), and the last watermelon plant is in with the beans! :) The peas are just growing like weeds. Onions are growing really well, too. Spuds are starting to come up, and now I just decided to plant more than twice as many of those as I originally got planted. Let's see how much we actually end up with from the garden ... it's sure a fun hobby, anyway! Three of the 13?? tomato plants have tomatoes growing on them, and the others are flowering very well!
Only one beach day so far ... and the water was pretty chilly yet, even then. I wonder if I'll see my first chilly Finland summer. So far, though many people say Finland summers are very often chilly and rainy, I have always seen above average temps, and lots of sunshine.
And - our best excitement so far this summer is having American company! Brother and sis-in-law, K and D, are here for a month. We've only got to have them a few days so far, but we'll still see them next week. I'd love to see more of them, but I'll just take them when we can have them here, and be happy about that!!
Getting the camper ready for a few summer outings. There was mold in it this spring, but I think we'll be okay in there. A bit of elbow grease, little Cif with bleach, and most of the mold wiped right off. There are a few stains in a couple of the cupboards, but those I'll probably have A just screw closed, because it seems gross to use them, even if I've scrubbed them. Anyway- it's sure an exciting time of the year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment