Our kids went swimming this afternoon in what will be our swimming pond. Well - I guess it is already our swimming pond when they have already been swimming in it, hey?! :) This is a man-made pond, and it's kind of fun. I first said I don't want to have anything to do with a big puddle of water like that in our yard- just have to worry if someone's going to drown in it. But then when Spring sprang, I saw how there are cement-slab steps going into it, and rock and cement walls that slope into the pond, I started to wonder if we should really fill it in.
We did a little research, when hubby started talking about the possibility of making it something the kids can swim in - and sure enough, the concept of 'swimming ponds' has been established. Mr. A says it shouldn't be too difficult to set up some type of sand filter to clean up the water. I wish I could give some type of accurate dimensions ... well, I'll make a wild stab as to how big it is .... probably about 7 or 8 meters long, and 6 or so across. The deepest part is maybe a little more than a meter. And the older kids were actually swimming across it this warm afternoon (in their terms ... ya know, when you jump on the tramp like crazy for quite some time, it probably feels quite warm out!) It did get to 19C today, I believe (that's 66.2F!), so they figured summer is upon us! Well - they had fun (even tho the water is quite murky, and COLD!!)
Can't wait to see how much fun they have with it when it's really summer!
Oh, fun! You should post pictures.
ReplyDeleteI'm SO terrible about taking pictures. And SO terrible about getting pics from camera to computer. I have to change that - it's a bad habit! Our poor kids will wonder what they looked like when they were kids, and what did they do for fun - because I'm not documenting enough! I will try get some pics posted soon!
ReplyDeleteFun! We've had some nice weather here, too...in fact, it's 66 degrees right now at 8:24 p.m. I'm sure the water will feel great when it's even warmer there!
ReplyDelete