Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer!

Summer is really here! We've been to the beach several times, enjoy sunshine almost every day, and are not doing schoolwork (tho' I have told the kids they will be doing some math drills and math games from time to time still.)

Miss N has arrived from America (my niece) to spend the summer here! Lucky us! And hopefully she will have an awesome summer here (summer in Finland is typically really fun.)

I would like to start posting pictures from time to time, but have no idea how ... I would appreciate some instruction in that area! :-)

The cute saying of the week (I posted this on fb already) - Mr. C (4 y.o.) was in the store with me, and was fascinated with the 'dummies', wanting to touch the fingers and asked lots of questions about them (probably just as fascinated that Mom was calling them 'dummies'!!) And as we were leaving the store, he saw some in the display windows of another store and said, 'Hey Mom, look! I see some more stupids in that store!' Oh, did I get a good chuckle (behind my hand) over that! Then when I said, 'Oh, yeah- there are dummies in that store, too!' he said, 'Oh, yeah- that's what they was, dummies!'

K- I have to get ready to go to a big 'kirpputori' (flea market- that's how the Finns sell items like Americans do at garage sales.) A and I will go, and take the girls with- should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment