Saturday, May 14, 2011

Welcome camping season!

We gave the camper a 'spring cleaning' on Friday, and headed out to a campground for the weekend. We enjoyed it much, and then got rained out this evening- would have stayed till tomorrow. Oh well! It was snug and cozy in the camper yesterday evening- some kids playing a game at the table, I started a super easy knitting project, Ami and a couple of the kids were zoned into the internet world (checking on hockey scores, etc.!) We managed to get all of us arranged to sleep in there! Last summer quite often the 3 older boys would sleep in the van, but it was a bit chilly, and then we were a little reluctant to have them in there when it was just some random campground.

Can't wait till our next outing in it! This time I only forgot a few minor items when packing- our big blanket (mine and A's- he was not so impressed, since he had even asked me if our bedding was out there ... I had brought sheet and pillows, and was coming RIGHT back in to get the blanket. I was sure it was out there. oops!) Also forgot a pot (but remembered the frying pan, which will now live in the camper for the season), a brush, paper towel ... but, we survived!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, fun! I wish we could have a camper. I'd love to go camping more.

    ReplyDelete