Friday, August 20, 2010

It would be time to write a catch-up post ...

... but not tonight. I'm so tired. But I'll give a few bullet-points again:

*The move has been made. And overall, it's been very positive.
*A has had lots, lots of work. That's also positive, except that means I also have an extra work-load. But I'm not complaining.
* Homeschooling has started. And ... I think so far we're doing alright. I have lots to learn.
* We've had an awesome summer in Finland - the warmest, sunniest summer in a loooong time. Has made the history books.

I'll write a bit more about the move and new place in one post, and homeschooling in another. Sometime soon, hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. We made a lame attempt to start hs'g this week but I still have lots to do for preparation. We just today bought all our supplies plus all of H's supplies. Hey, don't know if I have updated you or not...I think part of this I did. We decided to hs K now too so we'll have 4 at home. AND, H will be in this cozy little charter school in Alberville..48 kids per class/grade. She is just thrilled. I am so impressed already by this school. For one thing, they had about half the supplies needed than reg. school. They have their lunch menus out for Sept and they have super healthy lunches. Whole wheat buns, whole grain pastas, etc. A place in Plymouth makes the food and caters it to the school. Much of their food is "made from scratch".

    Anyway, I am so impressed by you and Katie, just starting hs'g and light years ahead of where I was for the first year plus! I think though that the process I took to get where I am (I am thinking this year now will be totally diff from what we've had thusfar...I've suddenly gotten focus like I never knew I had and have gotten a ton organized and figured out. still have to start though to see how organized and prepared I really am!) was just part of a learning process for me and all of us.

    Cannot wait to hear how all is going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to hear it was a warm and sunny summer. I'll be watching for updates. And I so wish I could homeschool.

    ReplyDelete