The kids have been so busy lately. Some of the things they've been up to: One day the older 3 boys were scientist/chemists and were busy in their lab coats (bathrobes) making concoctions in their lab (laundry room.) It's so fun to see how they go about ... they were each creating something. They were talking about making something 'explosive', something that could blow a hole in a snowbank. I wasn't worried they'd create something dangerous as they were using laundry soap, fabric softener, a few spices (salt, pepper, maybe some baking powder.) Their imaginations are so great!
Another day it was painting. They had one set of watercolor paints (a quite large set), and each had a brush. And did they paint! The boys were then setting up an area in D's room to sort out the pictures and labeled each one 'Fart Art', and thought maybe I would come and buy some. They assured me I will not need real money - if I don't want to use my real money. :-)
Girls have paper dolls, and that was their main focus for a couple days. Coloring and cutting outfits. They draw and write lots. And their room shows it - it's typically much messier than the boys rooms. The boys tend to read in their rooms and their play is not in there.
As I was cleaning on Thursday, T got inspired to really help. So the living room got all cleaned and rearranged. And he did most of it. The nice thing is that everyone is (for now) interested in keeping it clean! :-) So as we got each room swept and tidied, the loft (which T says is the upstairs, and I should not call it the loft ... not sure why that bothers him) has now become the 'office'. I think it's either a construction business or realty office. Depends on which child is describing it. Anyway, that's keeping them busy, creative, happy. Well, unless they are fighting over some detail - at that point they aren't so happy, but they generally figure out their issues themselves and move along with their playing.
We still have heaps of snow, but the last few days have been above freezing, so it must be melting a bit. Don't notice it yet, tho'. Anyway, it's a bit wet for doing much outside. Too sloppy for skiing, sledding, skating. So they are playing in more - but it's kind of fun to see what they come up with.
We\re once again talking about planning that trip to America for me and the older boys. Maybe I'll get some garage sale time in there. :-) That'd be wonderful! There's some chance we'll be there for 'camping', or part of it at least. Let's see.
I heard L tell C yesterday that if he spins too much on the swing he'll throw up, then said, "That means your poop will come in your pants. It means the same thing if you have diarrhea." :-) Haha - so funny how they interpret things!
Fun to hear what the kids are up to there. Oh, don't you love to hear their coversations!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the scientists and their concoctions! And I had to chuckle that you weren't too concerned cause of the ingredients they were using. My first thought was, "With boys, and with your boys probably being a cut above some average kids with their figuring things out, what if they really did blow something up....before they get to the snowbank!!!" Was relieved to hear that their ingredients were pretty innocent..well, gotta sometimes watch that baking soda! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna put your blog on my blog list if you don't mind cause that's how I see if someone's updated. Then if you're not on it, I forget to come over and see.
Can't wait til you guys come here! We'll have to for sure hit some garage sales. Then camping weekend...mmmmm! Fun!