Monday, January 18, 2010

We saw the sun!

Today Lucas (4 year old) saw the sun shining and said, "Mom, quick help me get my outside clothes on. I have to go play in the snow before it melts!" I guess we haven't seen the sun for a while! But I've been gazing at the beautiful winter landscape every day - the gray sky and the still, snow-covered trees have been so pretty. L was quite impressed by a story he heard from Niclas, and he tells me every day that a man was running away from an 'ambulanche' (avalanche) to save all of his life! It's fun to see the world through his eyes!

The kids have adjusted to school here, I guess, tho' they're still not keen on talking Finn. The older ones understand more than I do at this point, though. They would rather be in America and wonder all the time 'how much longer?' We don't know. I keep trying to be positive about it tell them let's enjoy the things we have here while we're here, And we are enjoying things here - but still miss home there. The uncertainty is hard.

Prospective renters, wanting a year lease. Yikes! Yay! Mixed emotions! I guess it'd be a relief to have someone there for that long - don't have to go through the process again right away. Since it doesn't look like the economy will let us move back in the near future, it's nice to have someone else paying a chunk of that house payment as we pay someone else's here!


No comments:

Post a Comment