Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Break

We've been surviving Fall Break this week - without wheels to go anywhere! The first couple days the kids were going stir-crazy. I think I almost went over the edge on Tuesday - the commotion, noise, constant bickering, and kids not hearing my voice over all the noise. My nerves were frayed by evening. But Wednesday and today the kids have played soooo well. They have been making mailboxes on their bedroom doors, making mail for each other, inviting each other to parties, etc. I wish we could at least make it to the library, but we just can't because we don't all fit in the car. 5 seatbelts and 8 of us (the kids and me.)

I hear Minda reading to Cole in Finn! The kids haven't talked much Finn, but it'll come.

I smell the makkarakeitto calling my attention. It's no good if the makkara gets cooked for too long on a too high heat, I've realized!

We're hoping to attend the Thanksgiving course at Jamsa Opisto in a little over a week. Sounds like it will be a really nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment